[Linux-cluster] MySQL service

Marek 'marx' Grac mgrac at redhat.com
Mon Sep 22 11:58:20 UTC 2008

Hi,

gregory steulet wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I've a problem with the mysql resource. I cannot start/stop or even monitor a service with mysql. You should find everything regarding my configuration and the error messages below. For Information I manage other resources such as VIP that are working fine.
>
> 1.Check mysql status
> ----------------------
>
> [root at emperor01 ~]# /etc/init.d/mysql.server status
> MySQL is not running                                       [FAILED]
>
> 3.Check mysql status
> -----------------------
> [root at emperor01 ~]# /etc/init.d/mysql.server status
> MySQL is not running                                       [FAILED]

When you use a RH Cluster Suite and our resource agent then you should
NOT use init scripts in /etc/init.d because they are not cluster ready.
Main advantage of resource agent is that it is possible to have several
Mysql/Apache/... running on same machine. Standard init scripts checks
pid, lock files etc in standard paths. We have them in different paths.

> 6. cluster.conf
> --------------------
>
>                 <resources>
>                         <ip address="192.168.1.120" monitor_link="1"/>
>                         <mysql config_file="/etc/my.cnf" listen_address="192.168.1.120" name="mysql" shutdown_wait="0"/>
>                 </resources>
>                 <service autostart="1" exclusive="0" name="mysql" recovery="relocate">
>                         <ip ref="192.168.1.120"/>
>                 </service>
>                 <service autostart="1" name="mysql_service">
>                         <mysql ref="mysql"/>
>                 </service>
>         </rm>
>

> 7. /usr/share/cluster/mysql.sh
> --------------------------------
>
> ..export LC_ALL=C
> export LANG=C
> export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin
>
>  $(dirname $0)/ocf-shellfuncs
>  $(dirname $0)/utils/config-utils.sh
>  $(dirname $0)/utils/messages.sh
>  $(dirname $0)/utils/ra-skelet.sh
>
> declare MYSQL_MYSQLD=/u00/app/mysql/product/5.1.26/bin/mysqld_safe
> declare MYSQL_ipAddress
> declare MYSQL_pid_file=/u00/app/mysql/admin/mysqld1/socket/mysqld1.pid
> declare MYSQL_timeout=30
> ..

In normal use there is no need to change resource agent itself. You need
to change MYSQL_MYSQLD and this should not broke anything. From what I
can see from your output problem is that we are waiting for pid file
(line 126 of mysql.sh) and it appears elsewhere or didn't appear in 30
seconds.

marx,

--
Marek Grac