[Linux-cluster] fencing loop

Mark Chaney macscr at macscr.com
Sun Sep 28 19:04:12 UTC 2008

My cluster nodes are getting fenced when I simply just restart the network
service. What can I do to prevent that happening so quick? Can I even
prevent it since im using GFS?

I have a 3 node cluster running CentOS 5.2. They all are connected to my
iscsi SAN, so CLVMD is being used and GFS as well.

To make things worse, it appears that 2 servers were fenced when I simply
restarted the network service on one server. One server came back online,
the second one did, but then was immediately fenced again. Seems to loop
until I basically stop the cluster and have everyone rejoin.

Any help/ideas would sincerely be appreciated.

- Mark