[Linux-cluster] proper cluster crash procedures?

Alan A alan.zg at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 18:25:43 UTC 2008

I am not sure that this will help but try disabling following services
before reboot and then have them join the cluster afterwards:
chkconfig rgmanager off
chkconfig gfs off
chkconfig clvmd off
chkconfig cman off

Then when node is up - start the services in this order
service cman start
service clvmd start
service gfs start
service rgmanager start

Stopping services should go in the reverse order. Don't forget to chkconfig
<servicename> on after you have the cluster working again.

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 3:06 AM, Mark Chaney <macscr at macscr.com> wrote:

> I have a 3 node cluster that has shared storage using iscsi san, hence I am
> using GFS. Anyway, I had it crash for whatever reason, not sure if
> something
> was rebooted incorrectly or what, but now I have been spending the past 2
> hours trying to get the cluster back up. I would think that sampling
> rebooting all the nodes would work, but heck, that hasn't. What should I be
> doing? Should I just start up one at a time? BTW, I am using ipmi for
> fencing if that makes a difference. I can post my cluster.conf if that's
> helpful, but I would think there would be general techniques available.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

Alan A.