[Linux-cluster] rgmanager stop just hangs, clurgmgrd never terminates

Fernando Lozano fernando at lozano.eti.br
Fri Apr 3 01:07:10 UTC 2009

Arwin,

Doesn't you log shows one node trying to fence the other? Clean_start
prevents that at cluster startup, but on failover the survivor wants to
fence the other. You may need to use fence_ack to let one node belive
the other was fenced if you do not have a real fence device, for example
Dell DRAC or a Network APS.

[]s, Fernando Lozano

> Yup, matter of fact, I disabled iptables altogether.  The cluster comes up fine and I have services running once again (this is a test setup btw). Just to let you know I managed to get the cluster in this state when I was doing some failover testing.  I'm just wondering why when I do a /sbin/service rgmanager {stop|restart} it hangs indefinitely.
>
> Btw, a question about that clean_start directive.  I'm reading the fenced man page and will the value of "1" prevent a fencing loop at startup.  I've seen it where I bring up 1 node, and then bring up node 2 and node 2 fences node1 and I see this in the log:

[]s, Fernando Lozano