[Linux-cluster] Virtualization on top of Centos cluster

eric rosel neuroticimbecile at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 3 10:51:40 UTC 2009

Hi Remi,

I was able to configure such a beast last year.  I used OpenVZ for virtualization, and a separate iSCSI SAN storage server (which was also a RHCS cluster) for the /vz directory where most of the OpenVZ stuff are stored.   Configuring it was not very complicated, I basically just had to add the resources (the openvz startup script, the iscsi device, etc.) through luci.  I used CentOS 5.2 for that project, but it didn't involve getting RAM and CPU resources from the standby node.

HTH,
-eric