[Linux-cluster] Network Interface Binding for cman

Jeff Sturm jeff.sturm at eprize.com
Fri Apr 3 20:42:03 UTC 2009

Generally speaking you would create a route entry, e.g.:

ip route add multicast 224.0.0.0/4 dev eth1 scope link

However I believe CMAN does not require this, and will automatically
bind to the same interface as the unicast address associated with the
node names you specify in cluster.conf.

> I see the `bindnetaddr' directive in openais.conf man page.

The multicast address (not interface) is automatically determined based
on your cluster name.  Probably best to leave it that way unless you
have a specific reason to override it.

Jeff