[Linux-cluster] How to extract an rpm for use on another server?

Luis Cerezo luis.cerezo at pgs.com
Mon Apr 20 19:25:41 UTC 2009

rpm -qlf somefile will list all the files owned by a package too. You
don't need to do it on every file.

[luis.cerezo at houts38 ~]$ rpm -qlf /etc/redhat-release
/etc/issue
/etc/issue.net
/etc/pki/rpm-gpg
/etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-redhat-auxiliary
/etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-redhat-beta
/etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-redhat-former
/etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-redhat-release
/etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-redhat-rhx
/etc/redhat-release
/etc/yum.repos.d/rhel-debuginfo.repo
/usr/share/doc/redhat-release-5Server
/usr/share/doc/redhat-release-5Server/EULA