[Linux-cluster] OCFS2 and SAN MultiPath I/O

Joel Becker Joel.Becker at oracle.com
Wed Apr 22 21:40:30 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 06:23:17PM -0300, Flavio Junior wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 5:49 PM, Joel Becker <Joel.Becker at oracle.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 04:58:25PM -0300, Flavio Junior wrote:
> >> I'm using OCFS2 Threshold as 30 seconds (value 61) and my multipath
> >> RDAC devloss timeout was 60 seconds.
> >
> >        Aha!  That would do it.
> >
> >> Adjust these values seems to solve the problem with incorrect fencing.
> >
> >        Good, glad it worked.
> >
> >> Any news I report here, thanks :)
> >
> >        Please do so.  Also, as a question, what version of ocfs2 are
> > you running?  Is this a production environment?
>
> Hi Joel, i'm using 1.4.1
> [root at pinky ~]# ocfs2console --version
> OCFS2Console version 1.4.1

	The version of ocfs2console is not the same as the version of
the ocfs2 driver.  Is this on EL?  What does 'rpm -qa | grep ocfs2' say?
Or if it is mainline, what version of the mainline kernel?

> Yes, i'm interested in use it at production. There is a flow of 4, 5k
> mails by day with 300 maildir's.
> What do you think about it? I was trying to use GFS2 but a simple ls
> /home/* or sending a mail for everyone at mydomain.com hangs GFS2 or even
> GFS (without tunning).

	It most certainly will not hang ocfs2, but maildir might cause
some speed concerns.  Indexed directories are only just landing in
mainline ocfs2 - they are not in the production version.  So any
directory with more than 1000 entries will be a little slow (just like
ext3 without hcache).
	It'll work - people are using it just fine.  But large mail dirs
will be a little slow, so you should watch out for that.

Joel

--

Life's Little Instruction Book #347

	"Never waste the oppourtunity to tell someone you love them."

Joel Becker
Principal Software Developer
Oracle
E-mail: joel.becker at oracle.com