[Linux-cluster] GFS2 performance on large files

Flavio Junior billpp at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 23:37:50 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 8:11 PM, Andy Wallace <andy at linxit.eclipse.co.uk> wrote:

> Although it's not as quick as I'd like, I'm getting about 150MB/s on
> average when reading/writing files in the 100MB - 1GB range. However, if
> I try to write a 10GB file, this goes down to about 50MB/s. That's just
> doing dd to the mounted gfs2 on an individual node. If I do a get from
> an ftp client, I'm seeing half that; cp from an NFS mount is more like
> 1/5.

Have you tried the same thing with another filesystem? Ext3 maybe ?
Are you using RAID right? Did you check about RAID and LVM/partition alignment?

If you will try ext3, see about -E stride and -E stripe_width values
on mkfs.ext3 manpage.
This calc should helps: http://busybox.net/~aldot/mkfs_stride.html

--

Flávio do Carmo Júnior aka waKKu