[Linux-cluster] cman_init error (nil) 111

Chrissie Caulfield ccaulfie at redhat.com
Thu Apr 23 07:15:25 UTC 2009

Chen Ming wrote:
> I install a new two nodes cluster, one node can start successfully.
> while the other node can not start cman.
> There is the logs. Any comment is appreciated.
>

> Apr 23 12:37:22 err AS-2 groupd[8319]: found uncontrolled kernel object
> rgmanager in /sys/kernel/dlm
> Apr 23 12:37:22 err AS-2 groupd[8319]: local node must be reset to clear
> 1 uncontrolled instances of gfs and/or dlm
> Apr 23 12:37:22 info AS-2 openais[8307]: [CMAN ] cman killed by node 2
> because we were killed by cman_tool or other applicatio

Those messages indicate that cman has been restarted without previously
shutting down GFS or the DLM. If you need to restart the cluster, I
really recommend you reboot the entire node. It is possible to restart
cman without this but it requires very careful shutting down of all of
its dependant subsystems.

--

Chrissie