[Linux-cluster] Two node cluster without quorum disk

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Fri Apr 24 17:47:41 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-22 at 10:55 +0100, Ralph Zukeb wrote:
> Hello again! Thanks for the tips so far.
>
> How can I ensure that the node holding the services and resources in a
> two node cluster keeps holding them if the two nodes cannot see each
> other?
>
> I am not using a quorum disk.

You can't - at least not easily.

You could use a complicated qdiskd heuristic to do this, or you could
simply use a simple application which bumps quorum counts based on
resource location(s) (such an app doesn't really exist today, but is not
difficult to implement).

Basically, the infrastructure (membership/locking/fencing/etc.) is a
separate entity which is not tied to service management.  Put another
way, while the rgmanager relies on events from CMAN, the reverse is not
true.

-- Lon