[Linux-cluster] Two node cluster without quorum disk

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Fri Apr 24 17:49:44 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-22 at 11:14 +0100, Ralph Zukeb wrote:

> I tried this, but when I killed the switch for the cluster traffic,
> BOTH nodes got fenced! Can I avoid this?

Put fencing on the same network as cluster traffic.

Two_node is designed to operate this way - it protects against cable
pulls and so forth.  Separating it while not using a fencing device
which only permits one login at a time (or using multiple fencing
devices) can end you with a dead cluster.

-- Lon