[Linux-cluster] how to sync rmtab on old cluster

Simmons, Dan A jds at techma.com
Mon Aug 3 12:04:46 UTC 2009

Hi All,
I have a very old RHEL3u3 two node NFS cluster and I have recovered one of
the nodes with a backup from a year ago.  I now have entries in the rmtab on
the recovered system that conflict with recent client mounts on the newer
node.  As a result, when I move the nfs service to the recovered node, many
of my nfs client workstations cannot mount the exports.

What is the correct way to sync the clustered rmtab in this situation?

Is there some way to reset clurmtab to clear out all the old entries?

Any advice would be appreciated.

J.Dan