[Linux-cluster] MySQL with datadir on GFS volume

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Tue Aug 4 15:59:02 UTC 2009

> has someone set-up an MySQL server (failover, 1 active node) using GFSv2
as

> filesystem for the datadir? I would be interested in the required changes
> the configuration and startup scripts to get this running.

If you are only using it in fail-over mode (i.e. you define a mysqld script
resource tied to a fail-over IP in cluster.conf), and you will never start
it up simultaneously on more than one machine, then it should just work out
of the box.

If you want to run it on multiple nodes at the same time, I seem to
remember that you have to set the instances to use external locking - but
the performance will suffer quite significantly in that case.

Performance-wise, you are still probably best off with round-robin
replication on a standard file system if you nead near-real-time
redundancy.

Gordan