[Linux-cluster] MySQL with datadir on GFS volume

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Tue Aug 4 16:29:24 UTC 2009

>>> has someone set-up an MySQL server (failover, 1 active node) using
GFSv2
>>> as filesystem for the datadir? I would be interested in the required
>>> changes
>>> to the configuration and startup scripts to get this running.
>>
>> If you are only using it in fail-over mode (i.e. you define a mysqld
>> script
>> resource tied to a fail-over IP in cluster.conf), and you will never
>> start
>> it up simultaneously on more than one machine, then it should just work
>> out
>> of the box.
>
> Unfortunately not, it complains not to be able to open and lock the
> privilege tables:
> "[ERROR] Fatal error: Can't open and lock privilege tables: Table 'host'
is
>   read only"
> despite permissions and paths are right. Am I missing something regarding

> locking on GFSv2?

The two things that spring to mind are:
1) SELinux - try disabling it.
2) You may have bumped into a GFS2 bug. What distro/cluster version are you
running? GFS2 was "preview only" until very recently, and the pace of
development and fixes in it are still a tad too high for a production
system for my liking. Is there any particular reason why you can't use
GFS1?

Gordan