[Linux-cluster] Fwd: CLVM exclusive mode

Jia Ju Zhang jjzhang at novell.com
Thu Aug 6 01:52:30 UTC 2009

Just RFC:
I noticed that 'vgchange -ay' can convert the lock which locked by 'vgchange -aey'
from EX to CR. Is that acceptable to change the logic into always allocating a new lock
rather than converting an existing lock?
In that case, 'vgchange -ay' won't change the result of 'vgchange -aey'. But if we really
want to convert the lock, we can firstly invoke 'vgchange -aen' to release the EX lock,
then invoke the 'vgchange -ay'.

Does this make sense? Or what side effect it may introduce?

Thanks,
Jiaju