[Linux-cluster] do I have a fence DRAC device?

ESGLinux esggrupos at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 10:24:25 UTC 2009

Hi all,
I was designing a 2 node cluster and I was going to use 2 servers DELL
PowerEdge 1950. I was going to buy a DRAC card to use for fencing but
running several commands in the servers I have noticed that when I run this
command:
#ipmitool lan print
Set in Progress : Set Complete
Auth Type Support : NONE MD2 MD5 PASSWORD
Auth Type Enable : Callback : MD2 MD5
                        : User : MD2 MD5
                        : Operator : MD2 MD5
                        : Admin : MD2 MD5
                        : OEM : MD2 MD5
IP Address Source : Static Address
IP Address : 0.0.0.0
Subnet Mask : 0.0.0.0
MAC Address : 00:1e:c9:ae:6f:7e
SNMP Community String : public
IP Header : TTL=0x40 Flags=0x40 Precedence=0x00 TOS=0x10
Default Gateway IP : 0.0.0.0
Default Gateway MAC : 00:00:00:00:00:00
Backup Gateway IP : 0.0.0.0
Backup Gateway MAC : 00:00:00:00:00:00
802.1q VLAN ID : Disabled
802.1q VLAN Priority : 0
RMCP+ Cipher Suites : 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14
Cipher Suite Priv Max : aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
                        : X=Cipher Suite Unused
                        : c=CALLBACK
                        : u=USER
                        : o=OPERATOR
                        : a=ADMIN
                        : O=OEM

does this mean that I already have an ipmi card (not configured) that I can
use for fencing? if the anwser is yes, where hell must I configure it? I
don´t see wher can I do it.

If I haven´t a fencing device which one do you recommed to use?

Thanks in advance

ESG