[Linux-cluster] rgmanager ignoring monitor action for a custom resource script

brem belguebli brem.belguebli at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 17:11:28 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have written a custom resource script that starts,  stops and "meta-data"
's with the correct return  value (no error).

Everything seems to work fine except the fact that rgmanager never runs the
custom monitor action defined in my resource metadata.

I have lowered the interval value for monitor action to 10 (  are the
interval and timeout units in seconds by default ?) but nothing happens.

I have added a trace to the monitor case of my resource script that ocf_log
debug "monitor started at `date +%H:%M:%S`" but it never gets there:

----------------------------------------------8<--------------------------------------

case $1 in

start)                 ....................

                       ;;

stop)                ..........................

                      ;;

monitor)            ocf_log debug "at `/bin/date +%H:%M:%S`, launching
monitor"
                        check_conf
                        check_status
                        check_md_state
                        if [ $? -eq 33 ]; then
                                repair
                        fi
                        ;;

meta-data)        cat `echo $0 | sed 's/^\(.*\)\.sh$/\1.metadata/'`
                        exit $OCF_SUCCESS
                        ;;

*) echo "usage: $0 {start|stop|monitor|meta-data}"
                ;;
esac

Any idea ? Thanks

attached my meta-data