[Linux-cluster] Fwd: CLVM exclusive mode

brem belguebli brem.belguebli at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 11:59:08 UTC 2009

Hi,

I don't think adding more security can be considered as pointless,
especially when this has no impact on performance or behaviour.

The question is, what's the point in  allowing the clustered active
exclusive lock to be bypassed ?

In comparison to other volume management solutions (on various unices) where
these barriers are already implemented, the lack of them on Linux can  be
seen as a weakness.

Regards