[Linux-cluster] ordered/ restricted and clusvcadm -F

Alain.Moulle Alain.Moulle at bull.net
Mon Aug 24 15:37:58 UTC 2009

Hi,
given a failover domain like this one :
<failoverdomain name="FailoverDomain-1" ordered="*???*" restricted="*???*">
         <failoverdomainnode name="node1" priority="1"/>
         <failoverdomainnode name="node2" priority="2"/>
         <failoverdomainnode name="node3" priority="3"/>
</failoverdomain>
and a service /serv1/ configured on this failoverdomain.

I would like that the command:
 /clusvcadm -e serv1
/executed on whatever node of the three nodes starts the /serv1/ on the
prefered node  node1 (priority1)

And  in the case /serv1/ is started on node2 (or node3) (after a failover
for example) and that node1 transitions online , I don't want an
automatic migration of /serv1/ onto node1.

My understanding was to set ordered=1 and restricted=0  but
it seems that clusvcadm -e serv1 starts it on the node where clusvcadm is
executed, even if it is node the "priority 1" node (node1).

Option -F of clusvcadm seemed to give a response to my question, but
it is announced as "deprecated" ...

Thanks for your response.
Regards
Alain