[Linux-cluster] How to disable node?

Alan A alan.zg at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 20:30:13 UTC 2009

You have to give your cluster 2 node setting on remaining two nodes.

How can I define a two-node cluster if a majority is needed to reach quorum?

We had to allow two-node clusters, so we made a special exception to the
quorum rules. There is a special setting "two_node" in the /etc/cluster.conf
file that looks like this:

<cman expected_votes="1" two_node="1"/>

This will allow one node to be considered enough to establish a quorum. Note
that if you configure a quorum disk/partition, you don't want two_node="1".

http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/wiki/FAQ/CMAN#two_node

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 3:30 PM, Jakov Sosic <jakov.sosic at srce.hr> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I have a problem that one of my 3 nodes is sent to RMA to hardware
> dealer. I want to know is it possible to disable that one node, because
> clurgmgrd is not starting any services because cman is unable to fence
> the missing node...
>
> Aug 31 22:02:14 node03 fenced[5082]: fence "node02" failed
> Aug 31 22:02:19 node03 fenced[5082]: fencing node "node02"
> Aug 31 22:04:38 node03 fenced[5082]: agent "fence_ipmilan" reports:
> Rebooting machine @ IPMI:x.y.z.w...ipmilan: Failed to connect
> after 30 seconds Failed
>

> --
> |    Jakov Sosic    |    ICQ: 28410271    |   PGP: 0x965CAE2D   |

Alan A.