[Linux-cluster] How to disable node?

Marc - A. Dahlhaus mad at wol.de
Mon Aug 31 21:26:06 UTC 2009

Jakov Sosic schrieb:
> On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 15:30:13 -0500
> Alan A <alan.zg at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> You have to give your cluster 2 node setting on remaining two nodes.
>>
>> How can I define a two-node cluster if a majority is needed to reach
>> quorum?
>>
>> We had to allow two-node clusters, so we made a special exception to
>> the quorum rules. There is a special setting "two_node" in
>> the /etc/cluster.conf file that looks like this:
>>
>> <cman expected_votes="1" two_node="1"/>
>>
>> This will allow one node to be considered enough to establish a
>> quorum. Note that if you configure a quorum disk/partition, you don't
>> want two_node="1".
>>
>> http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/wiki/FAQ/CMAN#two_node
>>

> Yeah I know how to set up two_node cluster, but didn't know that
> reconfiguration is the only way out when one node is missing :( I'm
> disappointed with this limitation, I hope that developers will sort it
> out for RHEL6 :(

I think your so called 'limitation' is more related to mistakes that was
made during the planing phase of your cluster setup than to missing
functionality.
Please take a look at the qdisk manpage and aditionaly to the cman faq
sections about tiebraker, qdisks and especially the last man standing
setup...

Marc