[Linux-cluster] validity error

Christine Caulfield ccaulfie at redhat.com
Fri Dec 11 09:58:38 UTC 2009

On 11/12/09 09:48, Kaloyan Kovachev wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 16:12:33 +0000, Christine Caulfield wrote
>> On 10/12/09 15:27, Kaloyan Kovachev wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>    after upgrading to 3.0.6 i get:
>>>
>>> Starting cman... Relax-NG validity error : Extra element cman in interleave
>>>
>>> but cluster.conf should be correct and was working so far without problems.
>>> The coresponding section in<cluster>   is:
>>>
>>> <cman expected_votes="7">
>>>      <multicast addr="239.192.11.81" keyfile="/etc/cluster/cman_authkey"/>
>>> </cman>
>>>
>>> how should i change it to pass the validity check?
>>
>> Remove the keyfile="" attribute. cman ignores it anyway :-)
>>

> I am sure it was working with RHCM v2, so it seems i will need to rewrite the
> config for V3, as i get another error now about specifying multicast interface
> for clusternode and there will be others for sure

Yes, it would work fine under v2. In fact it's working now - you're just
getting a warning message (I hope!). We have added a lot more checks to
the configuration to try and help invalid configurations from being run
and causing trouble.

>> If you need to specify an encrpytion key it should go into the<totem>
>> part of cluster.conf.
>>

> looking at cluster.rng keyfile is valid for the cman block. May i just move it
> there or i should create<totem>

I would just remove it. It's not doing anything, so if you move it to
<totem> you will change the encryption key used by the cluster and have
to reboot all your nodes to get them communicating again.

Chrissie