[Linux-cluster] Quorum disk over RAID software device

brem belguebli brem.belguebli at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 16:21:34 UTC 2009

Hi,

The problem you could encounter is the network and storage split brain.

If your Qdsik LUNs were hosted by 2 arrays located in 2 different
rooms or site, each room hosting half the nodes of your cluster, in
case a SAN and network partition occurs between the 2 rooms, you'll
find yourself in a perfect storage and network split brain.

Each room having the same number of nodes and accessing one leg of
your qdisk, each qdisk leg being seen "alive" by the nodes in the
room.

Brem