[Linux-cluster] Quorum disk over RAID software device

Jakov Sosic jakov.sosic at srce.hr
Tue Dec 15 16:26:54 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-12-15 at 15:31 +0100, Andreas Pfaffeneder wrote:

> in a similar situation I am using a raid-1 device (built with mdadm
> prior to the startup of cman/rgmanager) which consists of two luns, one
> in each location. This works pretty well as quorum-device.

So you have to create mdraid on every node of the cluster? But, is that
legitimate way of doing things - because mdraid isn't cluster aware?
It's like having a LVM without using clustered volumes... It's ok as
long as you don't change metadata...

What about mdraid?

--
|    Jakov Sosic    |    ICQ: 28410271    |   PGP: 0x965CAE2D   |