[Linux-cluster] Quorum disk over RAID software device

Rafael Micó Miranda rmicmirregs at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 18:50:26 UTC 2009

Hi Kaloyan

El mié, 16-12-2009 a las 13:41 +0200, Kaloyan Kovachev escribió:

> About the 6 node cluster - do you really need to have it operational with just
> a single node? If this is not mandatory it might be better to use different
> votes for the nodes to break the tie instead of mirrored qdisk (one more place
> for split brain) ... like 3 nodes with 2 votes and the others with 3 votes or
> a combination with non mirrored qdisk (with 4 votes)

Well, this is a thing I have to think about. Maybe only one node cannot
give the full service due to load and performance reasons, but I think
the Qdisk is a must in the service for availability reasons. I'll take
note on your recommendation and maybe i change the votes to make the
minimal number of nodes higher, possibly 2.

Thanks!

Rafael

--
Rafael Micó Miranda