[Linux-cluster] Quorum disk over RAID software device

brem belguebli brem.belguebli at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 19:41:26 UTC 2009

In my multipath setup I use the following :

polling_interval        3 (checks the storage every 3 seconds)
no_path_retry     5 (will check 5 times the path if failure happens on
it, making it  last scsi_timer (/sys/block/sdXX/device/timeout) + 5*3
secondes )

path_grouping_policy    multibus (to load-balance accross all paths,
group_by_prio may be recommended with MSA if it is an active/passive
array?)

>From my experience,
no_path_retry, when using mirror (md or LVM) could be put to fail
instead of 5 in my case.

Concerning the flush_on_last_del, it just means that for a given LUN,
when there is only one path remaining, if it comes to fail, what
behaviour to adopt.

Same consideration, if using mirror, just fail.

The thing to take into account is the interval at which your qdisk
process accesses the qdisk lun, if configured to a high value (let's
imagine every 65 seconds) it'll take (worst case) 60 seconds of scsi
timeout (default) + 12 times default polling interval  (30 seconds if
I'm not wrong) + 5 seconds=  425 seconds.....

Brem