[Linux-cluster] lock_dlm but local flocks = true?

frank frank at si.ct.upc.edu
Wed Dec 23 12:24:29 UTC 2009

Hi,
I'm running RHEL 5.4 with a GFS1 filesystem (over a SAN)
After checking the "ping_pong" test on the gfs filesystem I noticed
counters was too much high, like doing the test with a local filesystem.
But gfs filesystem is mounted with "lock_dlm" option. The only strange
thing I see is in "gfs_tool df" output because it shows "Local flocks =
TRUE" instead of "Local flocks = FALSE"

How is this possible? Can I change this in some way?
Thanks for your help.

[root at heraclito Cluster]# gfs_tool df /mnt/gfs
/mnt/gfs:
   SB lock proto = "lock_dlm"
   SB lock table = "hr-pm:gfs01"
   SB ondisk format = 1309
   SB multihost format = 1401
   Block size = 4096
   Journals = 2
   Resource Groups = 4096
   Mounted lock proto = "lock_dlm"
   Mounted lock table = "hr-pm:gfs01"
   Mounted host data = "jid=0:id=65537:first=1"
   Journal number = 0
   Lock module flags = 0
   Local flocks = TRUE
   Local caching = FALSE
   Oopses OK = FALSE

Aquest missatge ha estat analitzat per MailScanner
a la cerca de virus i d'altres continguts perillosos,
i es considera que està net.
For all your IT requirements visit: http://www.transtec.co.uk