[Linux-cluster] any best practice for number of new GFS journal to add?

Ian Hayes cthulhucalling at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 15:23:25 UTC 2009

The number of journals you have is dependant on the number of cluster
members using that GFS filesystem, not the size of it. As I understand it,
you may have to tweak the size of the journals if you're doing a lot of I/O.
At a minimum, you're going to need N journals, where N is the number of
cluster members using the GFS volume. I generally create N+1 journals in
case I need to add a host quickly and I might forget to add a journal
otherwise.