[Linux-cluster] cannot add 3rd node to running cluster

Jason W. jwellband at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 23:20:42 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 2:30 PM, Terry <td3201 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a working 2 node cluster that I am trying to add a third node
> to.   I am trying to use Red Hat's conga (luci) to add the node in but

If you have two node cluster with two_node=1 in cluster.conf - such as
two nodes with no quorum device to break a tie - you'll need to bring
the cluster down, change two_node to 0 on both nodes (and rev the
cluster version at the top of cluster.conf), bring the cluster up and
then add the third node.

For troubleshooting any cluster issue, take a look at syslog
(/var/log/messages by default). It can help to watch it on a
centralized syslog server that all of your nodes forward logs to.

--
HTH, YMMV, HANW :)

Jason

The path to enlightenment is /usr/bin/enlightenment.