[Linux-cluster] can not mount GFS, "no such device"

Diamond Li diamondiona at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 07:14:59 UTC 2009

Since I have no idea about you guys OS version. From my version,
RH5.4, system is using
gfs2 kernel module, so I guess I have to use mkfs.gfs2 to create gfs2
file system.  However, I didn't see any RH5.4 document pointing
this(or I missed it out).

If you guys have the same configuration, that means GFS tools is
unstable because the only change I did is using different command.

Same as the problem I encountered using lvcreate, on the first day it
always hangs up, but in next morning, it executed successfully without
any changes. It sounds impossible but this is the truth.

[root at wplccdlvm445 gfs]# lsmod |grep -i gfs
gfs2                  347529  2 lock_dlm
configfs               28753  2 dlm