[Linux-cluster] lvextend hangs up

Diamond Li diamondiona at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 06:11:46 UTC 2009

after I reboot clvmd, it works now. but after a while, all lvm
commands hung again. So I have to reboot machine,  unfortunately, OS
hung as well, I have to press "reset" button.

I did run lvmconf --enable-cluster, clvmd is not stable or I missed something?

[root at wplccdlvm445 gfs]# uname -r
2.6.18-164.el5

[root at wplccdlvm445 gfs]# cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.4 (Tikanga)

[root at wplccdlvm445 gfs]# lvm dumpconfig
  devices {
        dir="/dev"
        scan="/dev"
        preferred_names=[]