[Linux-cluster] interdependency between different services possible?

jumanjiman at gmail.com jumanjiman at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 15:15:57 UTC 2009

A guiding principle for cluser suite is that an ha service (resource group) should be able to fail over w/o impacting any other RG.

To accomplish what you want, simply put your init scripts in a single RG. For a complex scenario, you will probably need to write a custom script that combines the individual init scripts.

And: consider whether your goal is really the best approach. It may be, but then again it may have the ultimate impact of reducing availability. This reduction is a byproduct of failure outcomes.

Hth,
-paul

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T