[Linux-cluster] Re: two node cluster with IP tiebreaker failed.

denis denisb+gmane at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 09:38:53 UTC 2009

Mockey Chen wrote:
> ext Kein He wrote:
>> Unfortunately , you need a shared disk to run qdisk, it can not work
>> in "diskless" mode right now.
>>
> Is there a way to avoid it ?
>
> Unfortunately, I did not have a shared disk.

Hi,

The whole point of qdisk is to have a shared disk on which the nodes can
test their conditions. If you read the qdisk entry in the RHCS Admin
manual [1] you would quickly understand why this is the case. Also
recommended reading is the Red Hat Magazine qdisk article [2].

In your case you can still have a two node cluster, remove the invalid
qdisk block, set two-node mode and expected votes 2. A single ip ping
test as a tiebreaker is probably not the best way to use qdisk anyway
and I would expect the two-node mode to work almost equally well.

Regards
--
Denis Braekhus
Team Lead Managed Services