[Linux-cluster] Feature Request: gfs_fsck has a yes to all response.

Stewart Walters spods at iinet.net.au
Thu Feb 26 10:45:50 UTC 2009

On Tue Feb 24 13:04 , Bob Peterson  sent:

>----- "Stewart Walters" spods at iinet.net.au> wrote:
>| I've just had a GFS volume massively corrupt itself.
>(snip)
>| Is there any way for the user to say "Yes to all"?
>|
>| At least if the default choice was "Yes" when the Enter key was
>| pressed, the user
>| could hold down the Enter key until the entire list of blocks had been
>| fixed.
>|
>| Regards,
>|
>| Stewart
>
>Hi Stewart,
>
>You should be able to do: gfs_fsck -y /dev/your/device and it will
>answer 'y' to all the questions.  This is similar to other fscks.
>You can also use -n to answer 'no' to all questions.
>
>Regards,
>
>Bob Peterson
>Red Hat GFS

Thanks Bob, but I was sort of hoping for an option of doing "yes to all" once
you've already started the fsck. I'm not exactly sure if there is any fallout to
stopping gfs_fsck part way through it's repair operations on a broken GFS volume.

Not to worry - Does anyone know what's going on with that weird 'Fix bitmap for
block' number continually changing when you press the Enter key?

I suppose this is a weird gfs_fsck display quirk when the response is not a 'y'
or a 'n'.

Regards,

Stewart