[Linux-cluster] Re: [Ocfs2-users] GFS2/OCFS2 scalability

Joel Becker Joel.Becker at oracle.com
Thu Feb 26 21:51:48 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 12:46:07PM -0600, Jeff Macfarland wrote:
> You *can* but I would use Oracle's filesystem tools for this. OCFS is not posix compliant and thus is not guaranteed to be compatible with tools that expect compliance.

	Excuse me?  ocfs2 is, to my knowledge, POSIX compliant.  I'm not
sure what POSIX compliance we're missing, but if there is something,
please let us know so we can fix it!

Joel

--

"Sometimes when reading Goethe I have the paralyzing suspicion
 that he is trying to be funny."

Joel Becker
Principal Software Developer
Oracle