[Linux-cluster] Re: Two-node clusters in split-sites

NM nico at altiva.fr
Fri Feb 27 15:52:08 UTC 2009

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 11:51:55 +0100, Hell, Robert wrote:

> I'm specially afraid of split brain here. In this scenario fencing
> depends on the (unreliable) network connection between the two sites -
> in my opinion fencing is unreliable and not possible in this scenario.

The solution we're exploring is having a favored site, and host a quorum
disk there. Access to the QD adds a vote to the quorum, therefore the
machine with access to the disk wins when the network connection is down.

The problem you will have is when the link fails while the non favored
site is up. My solution is to always try to run the cluster on the
favored node as much as possible.