[Linux-cluster] problem adding new node to an existing cluster

Greenseid, Joseph M. Joseph.Greenseid at ngc.com
Mon Jan 5 20:18:10 UTC 2009

hi all,

i am trying to add a new node to an existing 3 node GFS cluster.

i followed the steps in the online docs for this, so i went onto the 1st node in my existing cluster, run system-config-cluster, added a new node and fence for it, then propagated that out to the existing nodes, and scp'd the cluster.conf file to the new node.

at that point, i confirmed that multipath and mdadm config files were synced with my other nodes, the new node can properly see the SAN that they're all sharing, etc.

i then started cman, which seemed to start without any trouble.  i tried to start clvmd, but it says:

Activating VGs: Skipping clustered volume group san01

my VG is named "san01," so it can see the volume group, it just won't activate it for some reason.  any ideas what i'm doing wrong?

thanks,
--Joe