[Linux-cluster] problem adding new node to an existing cluster

Greenseid, Joseph M. Joseph.Greenseid at ngc.com
Mon Jan 5 22:01:45 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have a new question.  When I created this file system a year ago, I didn't anticipate needing any additional nodes other than the original 3 I set up.  Consequently, I have 3 journals.  Now that I've been told to add a fourth node, is there a way to add a journal to an existing file system that resides on a volume that has not been expanded (the docs appear to read that you can only do it to an expanded volume because the additional journal(s) take up additional space).  My file system isn't full, though my volume is fully used by the formatted GFS file system.

Is there anything I can do that won't involve destroying my existing file system?

Thanks,
--Joe