[Linux-cluster] Load share http servers using clusterip with failover

Brett Delle Grazie Brett.Dellegrazie at intact-is.com
Thu Jan 8 11:48:49 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have a configured two-node cluster with some GFS file systems on them.

Those servers also run http servers and I'd like to load-share the HTTP
servers without
putting a hardware load balancer in front of them.

I read about clusterIP: http://www.linux-ha.org/ClusterIP

and was wondering if anyone has managed to use this iptables capability
to get a service running in load-shared fashion across multiple nodes
with the
failover of a node handled by rgmanager?

Is there an example of this anywhere that someone could point me to?
Has anyone got a resource script of this type they would be willing to
share?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Brett