[Linux-cluster] Re: Fencing test

Rajagopal Swaminathan raju.rajsand at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 04:57:51 UTC 2009

Greetings,

On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 12:09 AM, Paras pradhan <pradhanparas at gmail.com> wrote:

> In an act to solve my fencing issue in my 2 node cluster, i tried to
> run fence_ipmi to check if fencing is working or not. I need to know
> what is my problem
>
> -
> [root at ha1lx ~]# fence_ipmilan -a 10.42.21.28 -o off -l admin -p admin
> Powering off machine @ IPMI:10.42.21.28...ipmilan: Failed to connect
> after 30 seconds
> Failed
> [root at ha1lx ~]#
> ---------------
>

> Here 10.42.21.28 is an IP address assigned to IPMI interface and I am
> running this command in the same host.

Sorry couldn't respond earlier as I do this on personal time (which as
useual limited for us IT guys and gals ;-) ) and not during work per
se..

Do not run fence script from the node that you want to fence.

Let us say you want to fence node 3.
1. Try pinging the node 3's IPMI from node 4. I should be successful
2. Issue the fence command from Node 4 with IP of Node 3 IPMI as argument .

HTH

With warm regards

Rajagopal