[Linux-cluster] cman-2.0.95-1.el5 / question about a problem when launching cman

Alain.Moulle Alain.Moulle at bull.net
Wed Jan 14 08:58:50 UTC 2009

Hi Chrissie,

Thanks for your quick response.
But we started the cman manually and then did not start any other
service between.
There is no risk that the network goes down during the test.
We don't use actually 'intelligent switch' and no cisco switches.

We made a new test with the cman configured to start at boot time and
with the clean_start set to 0.
scenario:
1) launch cman on node 1
2) node 1 fences the node 2 as it was not joining the fence domain
before the time out.
3) during the boot time of node 2, the cman is launched and then fences
the node 1.
4) after the boot of the node 1, both seems to see each other with the
correct state.

Is this is the expected behaviour?

do both nodes have to be rebooted before having all nodes ready?

Thanks a lot for your help.
Alain