[Linux-cluster] Fields of the cman_tool status

Chrissie Caulfield ccaulfie at redhat.com
Wed Jan 14 11:02:36 UTC 2009

Chaitanya Kulkarni wrote:
> You guessed it right Chrissie.
>
> In the redhat-release file present in /etc, we get a very user friendly
> name of the Release and the Version like -
>
> Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 3)
>
> Is there something similar we can get for the Cluster Suite?

Well, Cluster Suite is updated at the same time as the rest of RHEL, so
the redhat-release version is as valid for clustering as it is for the
operating system base ... ie not very!

You might have extra patches for some packages but not others. These
don't change the update version - only a full upgrade does that.

So, if you want a very rough idea of the version of clustering you have,
then redhat-release is as valid as it is for the rest of the system. But
I suspect that if you report a bug then GSS will want to know actual
package versions!

Chrissie

Chrissie