[Linux-cluster] gfs/nfs trouble

Steven Whitehouse swhiteho at redhat.com
Thu Jan 22 17:39:35 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Thu, 2009-01-22 at 16:05 +0100, Jürgen Knödlseder wrote:
> Hi Bob,
>
> Can you run Red Hat 5.3 on a 2.6.27 or 2.6.28 kernel to get full SSI
> support from MOSIX? (that's my second constraint in addition to having
> gfs working ...)
>
> Regards,
>
> Jürgen

Well if you use a different kernel, then its not 5.3... the issue is
that we need to do a little more testing of the upstream GFS2. Its
pretty close to being ready though. If you are getting a system ready
and are doing pre-production tests, then you might well want to consider
using GFS2 as it won't be too much longer now before we declare it
ready.

The more people who can help test, the closer we'll get towards our goal
of calling it stable and production ready. The upstream GFS2 has one or
two features which 5.3 doesn't have so that we need to ensure that those
changes haven't caused any regressions along the way.

We are of course very interested in any feedback from testing, both
positive and negative in the mean time,

Steve.