[Linux-cluster] Node2 kills node1 when it is booting ...

Jakub Suchy jakub.suchy at enlogit.cz
Tue Jan 27 10:10:28 UTC 2009

Hello,
this is a common problem which arised in past months in RHCS.

The usual solution is to let the nodes solve the problem naturally -
after the node is killed, it is usually fenced and rejoins back in OK
state after a reboot. You only have a problem if you are using manual
fencing...Don't...

See /etc/init.d/cman also, there is a new variable introduced in RHEL5.3
(and 5.2 errata), called FENCE_DELAY (or similar), try setting it to a
bit higher value. It tells how many seconds to wait for the nodes to
join the same fence domain before killing them.

Jakub

--
Jakub Suchý <jakub.suchy at enlogit.cz>
GSM: +420 - 777 817 949

Enlogit s.r.o, U Cukrovaru 509/4, 400 07 Ústí nad Labem
tel.: +420 - 474 745 159, fax: +420 - 474 745 160
e-mail: info at enlogit.cz, web: http://www.enlogit.cz

Energy & Logic in IT