[Linux-cluster] Cluster reboot problems

Johann Peyrard peyrardj at bull.net
Wed Jan 28 13:56:45 UTC 2009

I have found this on cluster-2.03.11/doc/usage.txt :

- To avoid unnecessary fencing when starting the cluster, it's best for
  all nodes to join the cluster (complete cman_tool join) before any
  of them do fence_tool join.

I think something should be fix to resolve this issue.
It is a real problem on a "production" system.

When the fencing domain is closed node (after a fence_tool join),  node could not enter the cluster.
You have to do at the same time on all nodes :
	#cman_tool join
	#fence_tool join

Strange behaviour... i have this problem on RHEL 5.3.