[Linux-cluster] Did you use GFS with witch technology?

Jeff Sturm jeff.sturm at eprize.com
Thu Jul 2 03:40:40 UTC 2009

[mailto:linux-cluster-bounces at redhat.com]
> On Behalf Of Tiago Cruz
> Sent: Wednesday, July 01, 2009 3:00 PM
> To: linux clustering
> Subject: RE: [Linux-cluster] Did you use GFS with witch technology?
>
> I have 10 VM inside a apache cluster, and I've compiled one httpd
inside
> GFS, some like (/gfs/httpd_servers/bin-2.2.9).

You can do that.  It sounds like most of the nodes may be accessing this
httpd instance read-only.  If that will be the case, consider using
spectator mounts on some of the nodes so you don't have to create 10
individual journals.

> Did you see any problem with this? How do you use Apache with GFS?

We actually use it for several purposes.  For one, we keep our document
root on GFS, so when web content is modified, the new content is
immediately visible to all web servers.  For another, we have a
file-based session implementation on a GFS mount.

The only real limitations I know of have to do with applications which
are not cluster-aware, and performance of heavy read-write loads.

-Jeff