[Linux-cluster] RHCS with GFS2 on centos 5.3

Murugan P muruganlnx at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 15:11:12 UTC 2009

Thanks Juanra got my point.

CMAN package is not present in any of the group including the
groups(Clustering/ClusterStorages/Base).

But, i want to know, from which group the CMAN package is installing.

One more thing want to share with you, If u selected the above mentioned
group after the installation the CMAN package also installed but not able to
see it.

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 7:47 PM, Juan Ramon Martin Blanco
<robejrm at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 3:58 PM, Murugan P <muruganlnx at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I have installed the OS(centos 5.3) with cluster software and after
>> installation i can able to see
>>
>> [root at testgfs ~]# rpm -qa | grep cman
>> cman-2.0.98-1.el5
>>
>> **********
>>
>> My question is, while selecting the software at the installation time i
>> don't find the CMAN packages using F2 on the software
>> clusters/clusterStorage & base.
>>
> Those are "groups" (sorry for the spanish):
>  # yum groupinfo "Clustering"
> Loaded plugins: downloadonly, rhnplugin, security
> Setting up Group Process
>
> Group: Agrupamiento (clustering)
>  Default Packages:
>    Cluster_Administration-en-US
>    cluster-cim
>    cluster-snmp
>    clustermon
>    conga-devel
>    ipvsadm
>    luci
>    modcluster
>    piranha
>    rgmanager
>    ricci
>    ricci-modcluster
>    system-config-cluster
>
> #yum groupinfo "Cluster Storage"
> Loaded plugins: downloadonly, rhnplugin, security
> Setting up Group Process
>
> Group: Almacenamiento del Cluster
> cluster.
>  Default Packages:
>    Global_File_System-en-US
>    gfs
>    gfs-utils
>    gnbd
>    kmod-gfs
>    kmod-gfs-kdump
>    kmod-gnbd
>    kmod-gnbd-kdump
>    lvm2-cluster
>  Optional Packages:
>    kmod-gfs-PAE
>    kmod-gfs-xen
>    kmod-gnbd-PAE
>    kmod-gnbd-xen
>
> cman package is not in any group, but probably its installation was
> triggered when you selected some of the groups above
>

>> Kindly clarify friends , how to know that which software is having the
>> CMAN packages since i haven't seen the same in clustering/ClusterStorage.
>>
> I think I don't understand you...
> There are no CMAN packages, just one cman package.
> In your installation process you should select the cman and rgmanager
> packages, but they aren't in any group.
>

> Regards,
> Juanra
>

>> On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 6:52 PM, Juan Ramon Martin Blanco <
>> robejrm at gmail.com> wrote:

>>>  Hi,
>>>
>>> rgmanager
>>> cman