[Linux-cluster] Cluster 3.0.0.rc4 release

Guido Günther agx at sigxcpu.org
Thu Jul 9 12:19:58 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jul 07, 2009 at 07:45:16PM +0200, Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:
> Hi Guido,
>
> On Tue, 2009-07-07 at 18:28 +0200, Guido Günther wrote:
> > Hi,
> > On Thu, Jul 02, 2009 at 01:16:30AM +0200, Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:
> > > The cluster team and its community are proud to announce the
> > > 3.0.0.rc4 release candidate from the STABLE3 branch.
> > Based on earlier Debian and Ubuntu packages of corosync, openais and
> > cluster I have put prelimenary Debian packges (built against Debian
> > Squeeze) here:
> >  http://pkg-libvirt.alioth.debian.org/packages/unstable/
> > Here are the soruces.list entries:
> >  http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianLibvirtTeam#Packages
> > Cheers,
> >  -- Guido
>
> awesome! thanks!
>
> I didn't check them out... anyway I am adding the Ubuntu HA team in
> CC... it's worth sharing the effort.
This stuff needs soome more work to be uploadable but it's mostly there
I think. I've pushed the git archives here:

http://git.debian.org/?p=users/agx/redhat-cluster/redhat-cluster.git;a=summary
http://git.debian.org/?p=users/agx/redhat-cluster/openais.git;a=summary
http://git.debian.org/?p=users/agx/redhat-cluster/corosync.git;a=summary

> For sometime I have been thinking to pull in debian/ and .spec files
> upstream and involve the maintainers to work directly with us.
>
> This would happen for corosync/openais (they already have spec files)
> and cluster.
>
> Anybody in contact with the Debian team and see if they would like to
> work more closely with us?
Most of this looks a bit outdated in Debian:

I intend to maintain things alongside for some time and eventually
upload things to experimental after pinging the maintainers again for
some time.
Cheers,
 -- Guido