[Linux-cluster] GFS on SuSE 11 or OpenSuSE 11.1

Tharindu Rukshan Bamunuarachchi tharindub at millenniumit.com
Thu Jul 16 13:32:09 UTC 2009

Why did not RedHat release 5.x kernel with High Resolution Timers enabled ?

We thought that particular kernel is not much stable with High Resolution Timers.

However, SuSE 11 supported High Resolution Timers AS-IS.

Initially, we tried RedHat 5 on our system. But, In production environment we needed to have stable version.

I am not sure, but I think vendor does not support custom kernels.